Sunday, December 31, 2017

Do you hear what I hear? The Hum, the Hum . . .

Edmonton and area was anything but quiet according to reports from those who notice the Hum.  The source, or sources, of the Hum causing a low-frequency sound and vibration seemed to have been turned up for the Christmas break.  People noticed the Hum being louder than it had been previously, and other people reported feeling a more intense, non-stop vibration accompanying the Hum.

Perhaps co-incidentally, Epcor and Telus have been doing line upgrading in some of the Edmonton neighbourhoods where this increase in Hum activity has been noticed.

We would like to hear from any Edmontonians - and Albertans - who noticed the Hum being more noticeable these past few weeks.  Please let us know where you are located, and what you're hearing.

Thank you and all the best for a Happy New Year.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I live in Calgary and started hearing the "hum" I describe it more like a rumble (like big truck idling on my driveway) about 2-3 years ago in the community of Riverbend. My husband and I started researching it and came across your blog as well as other sources of recorded instances of this unidentified noise. Anyways, we ended up moving to another neighborhood in North Calgary to try and end my sleepless nights and found that it is slightly better but still prevalent. To comment specifically on this post, the noise picked up again here on the 21/22 of December and has been the very very loud and nonstop since then. It was nice to hear I was not the only one who noticed this over the holidays. Happy New Year!

Anon said...

Northside by Londonderry. I’m an insomniac and when all gets quiet in the city I hear it. It’s like a train constantly running in the distance.

Anonymous said...

I have been hearing a constant low hum that has been on going continuously for the last several weeks since beginning of January or end of December. It can be heard inside the house as well as outside. The noise is there 24/7. The sound sounds like a truck idling or a high power voltage power line. We live in the area near Cloverbar and Baseline in a Sherwood a park. This persistent humming noise is keeping
me awake every night and is driving me insane. Other household members can hear and feel the vibrations from the"hum". The noise is more predominant at night When everything is quiet.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I hear this hum in Lynnwood as well. Since December I've noticed the sound like a big truck idiling, but more constant and doesn't fluctuate like a tuck would. It's deep like a train, but not broken. Its constant like a power line but deeper and more solid. It keeps me up at night, and sometimes I feel nauseous with it. My husband doesn't hear anything...